Here is a step-by-step approach to getting your NY real estate license:
- Submit an application form and the correct fee to the Department of State.
- Sign up to a 75 hour state-approved real estate agent course.
- If you already passed a 45 hour course prior to July 1, 2008 you only need to take a remedial 30 hour course.
- Pass your real estate license exam.
- Get sponsored by a New York real estate broker.
You need to be 18 years old, with no criminal record and a current New York State driver’s license or other ID card in order to apply.